GelSight‘s resolution is in the hundreds of microns, that’s quadruple the highest resolution I’ve seen at Direct Dimensions, Inc., but then again this is a completely different kind of 3D imaging technology. I hope coworkers who are at SIGGRAPH 2011 in Vancouver run into the developers of GelSight.
- MIT develops a portable, high-resolution 3D imaging solution (bostinnovation.com)
- MIT GelSight is portable, high-res 3D imaging tech (news.cnet.com)
- Portable, super-high-resolution 3-D imaging (w/ Video) (physorg.com)
- Make a High-Res 3-D Image of Just About Anything Anywhere, Using MIT’s New Gel By Clay Dillow (imullins89.wordpress.com)
- Portable, super-high-resolution 3-D imaging (technology-headlines.com)